I started experimenting with a new style wallet. Trying the vertical approach using a zipper to make a zip close coin pocket with cash pocket behind it. The only problems I've had is leaving enough seam allowance, they keep coming out smaller than i intended and I discovered I should stick to a felt inside, cotton stretches around too much and warps the inside. Plus! i got a bunch of free vinyl strips so i've been trying to use those, and that has been tough also because the part with the vinyl ends up wider that the rest, i think it looks messy but everyone else likes it.
here's the inside of one, this one looks good, i used felt inside.
this one i didnt use felt inside, and the left side got funky