Friday, July 16, 2010

I wish summer lasted as long as it seemed to as a kid. I am a much happier person getting to walk into the woods and walk and see hear nothing but cicadas buzzing in the trees. It further presents my extreme desire to live in a cabin in the woods or mountains. someday that will be feasible.
Adeleine helped me beautifully arrange this basket from our perennial garden and a few peppers from the vegetable garden. We are drying lots of Yarrow and Lavender to make dried bouquets for the wedding in october.

Yesterday we went on a light hiking adventure. I found lots of great birch I am using for the wedding. We talked to the kids about some trees and cicadas and picked wild rasberries. We found these beautiful blue striped feathers on a trail. I didnt really feel like carrying them back though.

No comments: